The Scene: You only have 5 minutes to make a transition. Maybe you are going out, giving a party, or just moving from one phase of a busy day to another. Mix and match any of these easy Pilates tips to help you look and feel refreshed.
1. BreatheMost people use about half of their breathing capacity, at best. When you are stressed, you use even less. One of the biggest favors you can do for yourself is to breathe fully. Deep breathing relaxes muscles, quiets the mind, and gets oxygen into the blood where it can invigorate all parts of your body - even a tired brain. Try Sequential Breathing, a simple Pilates breathing exercise. You can do it anytime, anywhere. It's a great stress reducer.
2. Stand TallNothing works wonders like good posture. Good posture radiates ease and confidence. And, it slims. Standing tall can take 10 pounds off you your look - and your spirit. Review Pilates posture check. Practice it, and come back to it anytime you need to look your best.
3. StretchStretching is relaxing and rejuvenating at the same time. Even five minutes worth of stretching is enough time to work a lot of kinks out of the body and brain. Gentle stretching gets you warmed up and ready for anything. Try some of the Pilates stretches.
4. EnergizeFive minutes is not enough time for a workout. But five minutes is plenty of time to get your blood, breath, and energy moving. A few minutes of some targeted exercise can boost your muscle tone as well. Get yourself moving with any of these Pilates exercises (You can probably do them without changing clothes.).
Wall Roll Down
Pilates Push Ups
If you have time, choose some exercises from any of the Pilates routines.
5. RelaxReally, take 5. Rest is nature's way of recuperating. Even a short rest period can let your body rejuvenate and transition into a new energy level.
If you feel like you need a little something to do as you rest, Pilates imprinting is one of the easiest, most relaxing and centering exercises there is.