The Set Up
Sit up with legs extended and zipped together in front of you and arms extended behind you, firmly press the palms of your hands into the mat in a backward position.
Hip Twist Movement Instructions
Inhale as you pull the legs straight up in front of you.
Exhale as you begin to swing your legs in a downward circle to the right without touching the floor.
Inhale as you bring them upward to finish the right hand circle.
Exhale to repeat the movement in a downward circle to the left and then Inhale as you bring them upward to finish the left hand circle.
Repeat circles each direction for 3 repetitions if you can keep good form throughout.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep legs zipped together and big toes lined up.
- Keep chin down and chest inward.
- Upper body is still, only legs and hips are moving.
- Keep pressing into your palms as you swing and pull the legs up.
- Deepen through your lower abdomen to keep control of the legs.
Serenity Pilates www.pilates-back-joint-exercise.com