Weight loss and Pilates are a powerful fitness combination. Pilates can definitely help fast-track weight loss goals when it is part of an overall fitness plan. Have you used Pilates as part of a weight loss program? If so, please tell us about what you did, and what your experience was. Share Your Tips
- Last time I lost 33lbs in 4 weeks with pilates and a long walk!! Really helps with weight loss.
- —Guest durst
Pilates plus Cardio
- Pilates 3 times per week and 1-2 days of cardio works great for me.
- —Guest Bernadette
One day and you'll be hooked
- I bought a pilates dvd just last night, did the stretches and workouts this morning and literally ended up going back 3 times to do the workouts, I loved it! I can feel my legs, core and arms being worked through out. I also go running and I eat pretty healthy so I'm excited to see if I drop a few pounds. But what I'm looking forward to the most is how great pilates is going to make me feel (:
- —Guest Emily
- I have been practicing and teaching Pilates for 3 1/2 yrs. and am seriously hooked. My passion is way beyond normal and everyone in my classes know it! My weight hasn't changed much, but OH MY has my body! I am 45 yrs. old and look stronger and better than EVER! I wish I could share my experience with many more people. I teach a 'contemporary' style with props such as bands, circles, & balls and it's so effective. It is also really great to help all ages & levels modify positions and also to work their bodies harder.
I teach in 3 different gyms and don't understand why everyone isn't involved with Pilates! I watch day after day, people work out so hard and never see change. If they would commit to Pilates 4-5 times a week, they could be so different, but they keep doing the same thinigs.
How can I encourage others without harassing them???
- I love how when I really tune in to the exercise and my core it seems that I almost naturally tone up and loose weight easily over time.
- —Guest Chuck
just do it
- I have to say that whenever I commit to doing Pilates regularly I start to lose weight. I think it affects my whole lifestyle in general, even though I don't think about it that much.
- —Guest IMintoPilates