We know we need a balanced Pilates workout to create the uniform development, grace, and efficient movement that Pilates exercise is known for, but many of us have an exercise we like best - at least at the moment. What is your favorite Pilates exercise? Why? Your Favorite Exercise
- There are so many great Pilates exercise but my favorite would have to be the teaser!!
- —Guest Melanna
Front Leg Series
- I love the Single Leg Stretch, Double Leg Stretch, Criss Cross and Bicycle (I call the Hamstring Stretch). The names sound like leg ewxercises, but they really work the core.
- —Guest vedrosr
- I enjoy feeling the strength in my torso as my legs are moving/stretching. I can feel my abs really pulling towards the floor. I love it!
- —Guest Amy Freytag
- Love doing roll ups and roll downs but teaser is my favourite
- —Guest arlenejessica
- The Shoulder Bridge is one of my favorites. The articulation of the spine is great. So is the involvement of the Hamstrings, Quads and Glutes. With the control of the back extensors as well as the Abs, this exercise seems to address all of the major muscles of the body.
Cat Cow & Down Dog
- I use cat, cow, and down dog even outside the Pilates classes, especially if I've been running or using a cardio machine. These exercises keep my back from getting stiff.
roll over and jack knife
- Decided not to give up.I am yet to perfect the roll over.....jack knife is a long way I know....WILL NOT GIVE UP.
- It puts it all together - and lets me know what I need to work on to maintain and/or improve. Pike on the chair, and side bends/twists on the the mat and etc. etc. I love it all!
- —Guest Stephanie
Don't forget your back!
- Many people neglect their back when working out-all you see is the front mentality. Pilates has so many wonderful 'back' exercises that will keep your back both healthy and looking sexy! Dart, Swimming, Swan to name a few.
- I love the Ab Series with all of its variations...Magic Circle, add beats or lowering in the 100s, leave arms by your hips in double-leg stretch and scissors, lower, lower, lower lift and reverse and teaser version of the criss-cross...they are all super-challenging and fantastic!
- I really love this exercise, and it also serves as a benchmark because I could barely do it when I first started Pilates 20 months ago, and now can do it on the reformer or with a small aid on the mat.
- I love these two, especially jackknife-- and the pike on the wunda chair. Unfortunately, I'm rarely in a group class that will do any of those. I seem to only get to do them, either on my own, or in a private session. Why do small group classes not do more of these?
- —Guest Jane
The series of 5 and Monkey!
- I love to do Monkey on the cadillac & the series of 5 (love the burn). Side splits on the reformer are fun too :)
- —Guest Pilates4me
rolling like a rocking chair
- Love rolling, its a good warm up for my back & massage my erector spinae
- —Guest saburanachair madarsa maricar
Favorite Pilates Exercises
- I love the 100 ct straight into the Teasor single then double then go to Criss Cross. You can add any other abdominal to this format
- —Guest D-Yoga