The Bottom Line
This is an advanced-beginner set of Pilates exercises done with an exercise band
. Though it is presented as a level one video, it is a good workout that builds well and works all parts of the body. Flex-band workouts are a convenient and portable way to do resistance exercises.
- Professionally produced
- Exercises are clearly demonstrated
- There are many DVD extras included
- A thorough workout
- Though it says level 1, this not really a beginners video
- Pilates Flex-band workout DVD - Does not include the Flex-band
- A full exercise band workout with a bonus workout, music only workout, 27 extra exercises, and Stott Pilates video previews.
- Available in English or French
- Manufacturers Suggested Retail Cost: $14.95
Guide Review - Stott Pilates Sculpt and Tone Video Review
Flex-bands can add a lot to a Pilates mat routine. They provide resistance, simulating equipment like the reformer. The downside: They add a lot of fussiness and it is just more complicated to deal with a flex band. There are always questions about how to hold them, how much tension to create, what body part they wrap around and so forth. On the other hand, exercise bands are light, cheap, and versatile. If you are up for adding some variety to your at home exercise routine, I think this exercise band video would be a good addition to any collection.
Compare Prices for this DVD:
Compare Prices on Exercise Bands