- Exercise burns calories. How many calories you burn depends on your body type and your level of exertion.
Measuring the Calories Pilates Burns
Doing Pilates Workouts for Weight Loss
Pilates and Fat Burning Workouts
Calculate Calories Needed for Goal Weight
- Creating lean muscle mass, as Pilates does, is one of the best ways to increase your calorie-burning potential.
- Pilates tones and shapes the body.
Sample some Pilates mat exercises:
Flat Abdominals Series
Beginner Pilates Exercises
Quick Workout 1
- One of the best ways to look and feel thinner is to have beautiful posture. Pilates creates a leaner look by emphasizing both length and good alignment.
Pilates and Posture
Pull Your Abs In (properly)
- Pilates promotes deep and efficient respiration, which is essential for calorie burning and tissue regeneration.
Pilates Breathing Exercise
- Engaging in an exercise program, like Pilates, promotes self-esteem and heightened lifestyle consciousness. Both are associated with weight loss.
Weight Loss with a Healthy Lifestyle
Exercise and Nutrition - Best Fitness Combo: an interview with expert, Dr. Cory Holly, on nutrition, workouts and weight loss.
What Do I Eat to Do Pilates?
Pilates is an enlivening workout that can help sustain energy levels throughout your day. However, it is not usually done as aerobic exercise. Therefore, some people enjoy combining Pilates with aerobic/cardio exercise in order to maximize their weight loss.
What Makes a Workout Cardio?
Choosing Cardio Exercises
If you are interested in weight loss you will want to investigate About.com's Weight Loss site, which is excellent. You will also find many tools for weight loss at About.com's Calorie-Count website. Calorie-Count provides a tremendous amount of information about foods and the calories and nutrition they provide, as well as a community of like-minded people sharing experiences and supporting each other.
Go to Weight Loss at About.com
Learn more about using these weight loss ideas, and get more tips.
Healthy Lifestyle Weight Loss
5 Tips for Weight Loss With Pilates
Weight Loss by the Minute