- Lie on your side and place the magic circle just above your ankles.
Your shoulders and hips are in a line and stacked vertically.
- Move your legs slightly in front of the line of your body. They will remain straight for this exercise.
- You can do this exercise with your head down with the bottom arm extended overhead, or you can do it supported on your forearm with your elbow under your shoulder as seen. Be sure to press away from the mat, lifting your ribs so that your spine is in a long line.
- Your top hand can be on the mat in front of you for extra stability, or you can extend it shoulder height as in the photo above.
- Exhale: Pull up through your midline to press the magic circle down, slowly, with control. Your abs and back are stabilizing you; and your glutes (butt muscles) and thighs, especially inner thighs, are working to control the circle.
- Inhale: Slowly, with control, release the circle.
- Repeat: 8-10 times. Change sides.
Tips: You can reverse the breathing pattern. You can also try different degrees of rotation in top leg. Learn about working with exercises for the thighs
Next, take this exercise up a notch with this extra move