Read my interview with Holly, where we cover nutrition and exercise, along with weight loss and vitamin supplement tips:
Nutrition and Exercise: the Best Fitness Combo
- In a blender, use clean, filtered water as a base and combine the following:
- 1 to 2 Tbsp omega-3 rich sport oil (flax, chia, fish)
These are best bought at a health food store as they degrade easily in heat and storage.
- 1 to 2 servings of whey, hemp or soy protein isolate
Compare Prices on Whey Protein
Compare Prices on Hemp Protein
Compare Prices on Soy Protein Isolate
- ½ to 1 cup of low-glycemic organic fresh fruit (berries, cherries, pear, peach or apple, for example)
- Additional performance ingredients such as ribose, creatine, glutamine and spirulina (½ to 1 tsp of each)
Compare Prices on Creatine Powder
Compare Prices on Ribose
Compare Prices on Spirulina Powder
Compare Prices on Smoothie Mixes
- Blend until desired thickness is obtained.
- From Dr. Cory Holly: The objective is to enter the workout with glycogen-rich muscle, stable blood sugar and a positive nitrogen balance. Energy reserves should be high. Running on empty increases risk of injury, limits exercise performance and stifles progress.
- From Marguerite, your Guide to Pilates: Pilates people, remember: Pilates is moderate strength training. You are unlikely to need many extra calories or sports enhancements. Moderate your smoothies accordingly -- the basics here will do.
What You Need
- Fresh, pure water
- Low glycemic fruits
- Protein powder (whey, hemp or soy)
- Optional performance supplements