Name for this Resistance Band Exercise
Lateral Band Walking Exercise
Main Benefits of this Exercise
It strengthens the glute medius & improves hip and knee stability
Sports Medicine Guide
Fitness Business or Studio Name/Website
The Set Up
The lateral band walk is a nice addition to a warm up, cool down or as an exercise during a bootcamp-type circuit routine. This movement engages the muscles that help stabilize of the pelvis. Done before working out, it helps activate these muscles and improves both hip stability and knee stabilization during a workout or competition.
Learn how to do the exercise properly:
1. Choose the right resistance
2. Maintain a half-squat position during the move
3. Shift your weight over one leg and take a step laterally
4. Keep your hips level during the movement
5. Maintain constant tension of the resistance band
- Maintain a low, forward-facing posture. Avoid titling the hips up and down or sideways.
- You should feel your glute medius firing (your hips will burn) if you are doing it correctly.