You have a workout DVD. Maybe you have a zillion workout DVDs. The question is, are you actually doing those workouts and are they working for you? In the article, Make DVD Workouts Work for You
, I've outlined a few things you can do to make sure your DVD workouts are successful. Here, you are invited to read and share more tips. Reader's Tips
Working on your Own
- Keep them short rather than trying to find time for an hour. Also get into a routine by setting aside a specific time.
- Working out in the morning is hard work, I workout at 6.00 am as only time can fit in but boy do you feel the better for it througout the day!!!!!
- —Guest Angela Jones
Keep Workouts Interesting and Fun
- My local library has a huge selection of workout DVDs that I take advantage of.
Prior to this, I would purchase one DVD, work out to it every day until I got utterly bored with it, and then buy another. This got expensive quickly, and made working out dull. But now I can vary my workout routines easily, and it's fun to search the library shelves for DVDs I haven't tried yet.
Keeping variety in my workouts is not only better for my body, but knowing I have a "new" DVD to try makes me look forward to working out.
- —Guest A.P.
Find Pilates DVD You Like
- I do have a bunch of DVDs but I don't really like a lot of them. Some don't give enough information to help me do the exercises and some have too much silly talk in them. Once I find one I like, I stick with it. I keep it in the DVD player and do it over and over for a few weeks.
Set Up the Night Before
- Since the early morning is the only time I can exercise, I make sure to have my workout area and workout clothes all set. This leaves me with no excuse when the alarm goes off.
- —Guest BBB
- I always have to make sure I have on loose comfortable clothes and be sitting on the floor just watching the DVD to get a sense of everything first.
- —Guest Chuck